About the Challenge:
- In ABtI, artists commit to making ten thousand square inches of art. Good, bad, and the ugly -- doesn't matter as long as it was in the act of creating. The real intent is getting the flow of creative energy out of the participants, getting all that junk out and to find/explore/discover true creativity, but most important it is about putting pen/brush to paper/canvas/whatever.
- Any visual art counts toward your inch count. Painting, drawing, sculpture, fiber arts, book binding, print making, or whatever you do creatively, counts.
- ABtI is the brainchild of Tricia Leach last November and is the visual artist's response to NaNoWriMo (a project online where writers commit to writing an entire novel in a month of 50K words or more. They try to write BAD novels, since a bad novel on paper is better than a great one that never comes out of your head.). The first ABtI was started November 2003
- This session of the challenge runs from November 1 to November 30, 2004. In this challenge winners are defined as those who reached their personal goal. You may want to go for one of our three levels: Bronze (2500), Silver (5000), Gold (10000) or create your own personal goal.
- You can sign up for it at her web site: http://www.artbytheinch.com
Starting November 1st, 2004 and ending November 30th, 2004
- Nov. 2004 Challenge
- Total Sq Inches Complete 10,052/10,000
- Click image for larger view